Pupil Deprivation Grant
Blessed Edward Jones Catholic High School
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is the Welsh Government’s principal means of supporting schools to tackle the effects poverty on educational attainment.
The purpose of the PDG is to improve outcomes for learners eligible for free school meal (FSM) and Looked After Children (LAC). It is intended to overcome the additional barriers that prevent learners from disadvantaged backgrounds achieving their full potential by:
* Improving standards in literacy
* Improving standards in numeracy
* Reducing the impact of poverty on educational attainment
In 2017-18 Blessed Edward Jones Catholic High School has received a Pupil Deprivation Grant allocation of £142,600
We are using the grant to fund the following activities:
* Provision of "support and stretch" intervention activities in Maths, Science and English.
* After-school homework club to provide a calm and supportive environment for students to complete homework tasks
* Boosting learners L2 qualifications through Microsoft Office qualifications
* Revision schools during holidays
* Agored Cymru - certification for applied courses
* Class Charts - improving behaviour and rewards through efficient data input
* Creative Curriculum development of staff capacity to deliver a "Curriculum for Wales"